Norman Kane, M.D., F.R.C.S. (C), brings an international breadth of experience to Orthopedia, and has been board certified in orthopaedics and orthopaedic surgery since 1985. He specializes in all aspects of orthopaedic care, with particular expertise in sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery and joint replacement.
He has been Team Physician for the San Diego Chargers and San Diego Sockers, and understands the unique health needs and expectations of athletes.
Dr. Kane is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, and the Royal College of Surgeons in Canada. He is also affiliated with the Western Orthopaedic Association, and the San Diego County Medical Association.
Education and residencies
- University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Arica, MD, 1973
- Stanford University Medical Center, 1978-1983, orthopedic residency training
- St Mary’s Hospital, surgical residency
- Tufts New England Medical Center, surgical residency
- Sports medicine
- Total joint replacement
- Arthroscopic surgery
- Knee and shoulder surgery
- Hand and wrist surgery
- Neck and back conditions
- Trauma and fractures
- Medical and legal evaluations
- Workers’ Compensation medical treatment